Drawing: Artistic Outlet and A Personal Frustration

by - 12:57:00 PM

Ever since mid-2015 I've had the worst writer's block ever. I've been trying all these writing exercises just to fight it. But I still feel that something's missing or my writing is lacking. I no longer feel that I can express myself that much and take comfort in words.
Perhaps it's the absence of books in my life. There's no excuse really as to why I've not been reading that much but simply I have not been making time for it. Since I'm very used to being able to express my emotions in the form of pen and paper, I found myself longing for that solace and familiarity.

While I was browsing through National Bookstore's isles of school supplies I stumbled upon the sketchpad and watercolor pencils and decided, why not? So, please excuse my trying hard works of art as they are just me finding a place to put my unexpressed and bottled up frustrations for so long.

Title: 3AM urges
Backstory: I suddenly woke up at 3am and cannot, for the life of me, go back to sleep. So, I decided to grace the sketchpad of my first ever outburst.


These two were just practices. Ha-ha.


I drew this one while I was at work so it actually isn't in the sketchpad I bought. But I thought that I got better so I'm including it here. For those of you that don't know, the drawing style that I like is the creepy one (I'm sorry I don't know the "art" term for it teehee)


This is the last drawing I have for now. My boyfriend kept sending me throwback pictures of him and I decided to draw it. And I was so surprised with how much I've improved (reference of improvement is the Fabulous Fabian drawing ha-ha)

I feel like I'm gonna be doing more drawings for the next few days since I still am not making time for reading and writing (ha-ha why am I so lazy?)
Anyway, if you have tips and things you want to say about my drawings, please do comment them below. They'll be very much appreciated!

0 comments

Tell me about the voices in your head.