L̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ Notes from R̶o̶m̶e̶o̶ Violet: An excerpt

by - 10:51:00 PM

You guys know how much I love writing. And a good friend of mine, Jen Suguitan, have invited me to write for a compilation of NAQRs (New Adult Quick Reads).
So I wanted to share a part of it with you guys.


If mornings meant getting to wake up to the face of an angel, I’d wake up earlier and neglect sleep.
Getting to see Dakota at peace made me feel like the world was at peace. The way the morning light shone on her made her look like a masterpiece.
“How long do you plan on staring at me?” Dakota’s voice snapped me back to reality.
I chuckled at her.
“I’m a serial killer. I like looking at my victim’s faces before I torture them and end their lives.” I played with her hair.
“You’re always so weird.” She kissed my nose. “That’s why I love you.”
There were those words again. I have to hold on for dear life every time I hear them, or even when she kisses me.

0 comments

Tell me about the voices in your head.