The Irony of Hating Sweet Nothings ∞

by - 11:52:00 AM

He was telling her of her worth, her impact and how much she's done for him.
He was almost in the verge of tears, but once he finished, she laughed that familiar breathy laugh of hers.
"What's so funny?" He wasn't annoyed by the action, he was used to it actually. But he always wondered why she laughed whenever he says something like this.
She looked at him, trying hard to keep her eyes on his.
"You have to understand that this will always feel new to me. It will always feel like it's the first confession I've ever heard. So, I'll always end up speechless. I won't be able to look into your eyes for too long 'cause I'll see how genuine your words are, and I just know it'll take my breath away. In the end, there won't be any other outlet for the happiness that you just made me feel. So.. I laugh."
She smiled shyly at him and took his hand then squeezed it. "I laugh because I'm really happy that I'm with you."
She leaned on his shoulder and for once, he didn't mind being laughed at.

0 comments

Tell me about the voices in your head.