Je t'aime: In Love with the City of Love

by - 2:33:00 PM

"It is tossed by the waves, but does not sink."

Love comes in many forms. To love a place may seem odd, but nevertheless, I am. I've never step foot in this place, and it is uncertain that I ever will. But one thing is for sure, my delight for this city will never fade.

Paris, the capital of France, widely known as the "City of Love". I've had a fascination towards the Eiffel Tower ever since I first laid my eyes on it from a photograph. It was a mystery why. Perhaps it was the thought of love, the feeling of the wind blowing through my hair, seeing the marvel of the city high up and a rush of adrenaline coursing through my body as I hold my breath for what awaits. I really can't recall what came to me when I saw that photograph, I was a little girl when it happened. But I imagine myself grinning and my eyes sparkling, gaping at the marvel and thinking, "One of these days, I would stand right there.", then pointing at the top of the structure. It's a spot where many want to be. A spot where you'll smell fresh baked bread, hear the beeping of cars and motorcycles, and houses that are centuries old, that it's being vintage adds so much beauty to what you see. This is what I imagined Paris to be. And it is what I want to wake up to everyday. Everyday, I want to wake up to the feeling of love and true beauty.

0 comments

Tell me about the voices in your head.