The Simple Joys of Life

by - 9:57:00 AM

If you have met me personally or talked to me in the life span of 45 minutes, then I may not or may have said something about me being a fangirl. If that's so, you may or may not know how "fangirling" works. So let me break it down little by little.

  • I can feel the joy and heartbreak of love by simply looking at their picture.
  • Bias (n.) - favorite member from the group
  • I ship a lot. Not the 'ship' as in the ship in Titanic, or 'ship' as in ship things to other places. But ship as in shipping and liking a pair, be it same sex or strange, we ship it. Exhibit A: Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield
  • You might find it weird that I keep saying that I hate their existence and want them to go away. But that is my endearment for them.
  • I speak to him directly as if we've already met.
  • I have this delusional thinking that he is my husband and he is waiting for me to come home to him every night.
  • One of my biggest dreams is to come to his country and have babies with him.
It is still unknown to this day, how exactly "fangirling" works. But my studies have resulted to this. These are merely the basic points, but these points are a far cry from the emotional sabotages we fangirls endure. I still do hope it gave you a sense or idea. Lastly, if after this you think differently of me then I would like to point out that "fangirling" is normal. Every person has the right to want and obsess over things that life has to offer. And I am making no snide comments as to what YOU like or what YOU prefer, so kindly do everyone the honor of respecting what they like. But if you find this a health hazard, then feel free to warn me.

NOTE: I speak for the K-pop community. I am not entirely sure if this can be applied to other fandoms.

1 comments

Tell me about the voices in your head.